A Random Sampling of Arbuckle Kid Cuteness, Silliness, and Weirdness


Belly Kisses
During our daily storytime before naptime, Ethan looked down towards my protruding belly with a soft smile and patted the belly (as so many adults do to pregnant bellies--apparently it is a universal human response without regard for age). Then he leaned over, kissed my belly and told it "I love you" in his sweet, sing song voice. Meira, who lately repeats every word and action of her older brother, also leaned over but with a much quicker, efficient smooch. Perhaps that reveals a little of her hesitation at the impending arrival of another female in the household to steal away Daddy's heart...

My Hungry Princess
At all the times of the day, the little blonde cherub who has stolen her daddy's heart will say to me as an invitation to give her food ,"Mommy, I hungy ALWAYS!" "Always" is capitalized because her tone and enthusiasm quadruple when she gets to that word. She loves to eat but you would never know it based on her dainty little frame.

Tortillas in the Sky
The other night, we decided to go for leisurely stroll around our neighborhood after an early dinner. On the way back to the house, the light of day was growing dim and the sun was showing it's final magnificence in the sky. Trey and I commented on how beautiful it looked. We asked the kids what they thought and Ethan replied, "Yeah, it looks like tortillas in the sky." Ha. Don't ask me for an interpretation. I would have called it something different but his little imaginative eyes saw tortillas--with peanut butter, I would guess. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts