Feminism & Motherhood: Incompatible Ideologies

I am convinced that feminism is an incomplete and nonsensical ideology, particularly how it is represented by one of its champions, Alice Walker.

A revealing testimony by the daughter of Alice Walker about the deleterious effects of feminism was published two years ago. You can read the full article here. You will see that while Alice Walker was functionally both mother and feminist, in practice she was really just sister and feminist. She forsook her mothering responsibilities to spread the gospel of feminism. You can't be both mother and feminist. You will hate your children if you subscribe to feminism.

To tempt you to read the article, I have listed below some excerpts that I found to be particularly compelling, and I couldn't resist commenting, too. :)

_______________________________________________________

"Feminism has much to answer for denigrating men and encouraging women to seek independence whatever the cost to their families."
 
While women were surely looked upon with inferiority and even as chattel, the response of feminism to belittle men was, at best, childish. Though feminism seemed to espouse equality of sexes--however failed that philosophy--its methods often involved just trying to cast men in a unfavorable, lesser-than-human light.
 
"Ironically, my mother regards herself as a hugely maternal woman. Believing that women are suppressed, she has campaigned for their rights around the world and set up organisations to aid women abandoned in Africa  -  offering herself up as a mother figure." 
 
The author intimates how her mother believed children to be shackles around their mother's feet and yet, she abandoned her own child to pursue a maternal role to others? Talk about a serious lapse in philosophy. Besides, if every woman adopted her mentality and in their freedom to control their own bodies, had sex when they wanted and aborted the life that resulted....the human race would cease to exist. In effect, there would be no women to do all those things Alice Walker was supposedly fighting for....

"When I was beaten up at school  -  accused of being a snob because I had lighter skin than my black classmates  -  I always told my mother that everything was fine, that I had won the fight. I didn't want to worry her. But the truth was I was very lonely and, with my mother's knowledge, started having sex at 13. I guess it was a relief for my mother as it meant I was less demanding. And she felt that being sexually active was empowering for me because it meant I was in control of my body."

First of all, who in the world thinks a thirteen year needs to be  sexually active?!?! Shame on Alice Walker for leaving her child vulnerable to such damaging effects.  She was totally blinded by the lies of feminism that all reasonableness had left her. I know very few adult women who have actually felt more empowered in being sexually free. Instead of empowered, they are brokenhearted, bitter, and have an insatiable desire to be loved in a monogamous relationship. That just sounds desperate to me--the very opposite of empowered.
 
"I know many women are shocked by my views. They expect the daughter of Alice Walker to deliver a very different message. Yes, feminism has undoubtedly given women opportunities. It's helped open the doors for us at schools, universities and in the workplace. But what about the problems it's caused for my contemporaries?"

Yes, the opportunities afforded women by the actions of feminist are many. However, they came at great costs paid by their daughters and sons.

"Feminism has betrayed an entire generation of women into childlessness. It is devastating. "

Countless women are turning to invasive and expensive methods to achieve a pregnancy they avoided while pursuing their independence. The tears of these women could fill oceans. Many, not all, owe their despair to the efforts of feminism.

_______________________________________________________

I am guilty myself of harboring feminist ideas. How could not? It has subtly seeped into everything we read, watch, tell each other. As a happy mother of three children, two-thirds of which are daughters I don't desire to impart feminism to them. That will take intentional mothering and that is empowering and challenging. How they turn out will change the world.




Comments

Tammy said…
Kyrie, you are a wonderful mother and get more wonderful every day! Thank you for being so diligent to desire to mother and making it one of your greatest priorities after Christ and Trey!

Popular Posts