Fanning the flame

"For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you . . . "

-2 Timothy 1:6

Question: how does one fan into flame the gift of God? What exactly did Paul expect Timothy to do to fulfill his charge? What does it look like to fan into flame the gift of God? I excerpted the verse in the way that I did because a lot of Christians are familiar with the text but we might focus upon the latter part of the verse that talks about the laying on of hands or we might just move onto verse 7 that talks about the spirit He gave us of power, love, and self-control.

What interests me though is how one fans into flame the gift of God that is in us. I'd be interested to read anyone's thoughts on the subject.

Comments

jdhargrove said…
You could try using a lasko. Honeywells work pretty good, too.

...and your face is intellectually challenged!

Popular Posts